Sometimes less is more, and this definitely translates to food. I work a day job, and after a very long day at work, all I wanted to do was dig into a bowl full of stir-fried veggies. Nothing more.
This recipe is incredibly simple, yet delicious. I posted the veggies that I used, but you can really use whatever veggies you’d like!
You’ll also notice that I used cauliflower rice for this recipe. I eat carbs, but sometimes prefer to lower my carb intake. But you can definitely use regular rice, if you’d like.
Let’s jump ahead to the recipe, shall we?
Sassy + Simple Tofu Stir Fry
·1.5 cups fresh green beans
·1 cup coarsely-chopped fresh broccoli
·1 large red bell pepper
·8 ounces of portabella mushrooms
·8 oz package of extra-firm tofu, drained
·1 small onion (optional)
·2 tbsp Sesame seeds (optional)
·2 tbsp. cooking oil (grapeseed, coconut or avocado)
For the Marinade:
·2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
·2 tsp raw honey ( or brown sugar/maple syrup to make vegan)
·1 tsp chopped fresh ginger 2 cloves fresh garlic
·1-2 tbsp chili paste
1. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
2. Slice the tofu so that they can be about 1”-2” in size, and then place them in the marinade. For optimal flavor, let them marinade for no less than an hour (best to prep this ahead of time to allow the tofu to marinade overnight)
3. In a large skillet or wok, heat up to medium-high and allow the oil to melt. Then place the tofu and marinade to sauté for about 7 minutes, or until the tofu begins to lightly caramelize. Set about 4 tablespoons of marinade aside.
4. Add the veggies to the marinated tofu mixture, and cover on medium-high for about 5-6 minutes or until veggies begin to steam into a vibrant green. Remove cover, add in the rest of the marinade mixture, and quickly Sautee for about 3 minutes or until the marinade thickens slightly.
5. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of stir-fry, and serve with your favorite rice & enjoy! J
Nutritional information per serving (of stir-fry):
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.