Tonight my fiancé and I were really craving comfort food, so I whipped up this vegan macaroni and cheeze dish, inspired by from Rachel Ama’s recipe-with my unique twist! It was AMAZING and the star of the tonight’s meal. It was super thick, slightly creamy and incredibly filling.
If you are transitioning into a plant based way of eating (like me), just keep reminding yourself that the end product will NOT taste like cheese, because it’s not. However, it is no less delicious, and it has just as much creaminess as regular cheese does and actually does have a bit of a slightly sweet, Smokey cheese-like essence of flavor. I could not stop eating the rest of the cheeze mixture from the food processor, like eating cake batter.
Here’s the recipe:
One 12 oz package vegetable tri color rotini (I honestly prefer that to macaroni pasta) 1 large sweet potato
·1 small onion 4 garlic cloves 1 medium carrot
·1 cup of raw pre-soaked cashews
·1/2 cup water (I used water from cashews) 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast 1/3 cup unsweetened plant based milk Juice from 1/2 lemon 1/8 cup soy sauce
1. Roughly chop the sweet potato and onion into 1 inch cubes. Un-peel the garlic cloves. Place all these ingredients in a pot of rolling boiling water and let these boil for about 15-20 minutes until they are fork tender. Drain sweet potato mixture and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Sweet potato dices should be easy enough to gently remove skin from.
2. Boil pasta while veggies are boiling. Also a good time to measure out other ingredients.
3. Once veggies are finished boiling, mix all ingredients (except pasta) into food processor until smooth and creamy. Add more milk if needed.
4. Mix sauce with pasta and eat right away!!
5. (Optional) place the pasta mixture in a casserole dish and let it bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.