This strawberry hot chocolate recipe is a really delicious and unique way to enjoy delicious strawberries with your family!Jump to Recipe
I have a confession to make: I really love hot chocolate. In fact, drinking hot chocolate is kind of an addiction for me. No matter the temperature, or time of the year, nothing feels more satisfying than curling up somewhere, and allowing the creamy warmth of hot cocoa massage my taste buds and soul. It’s kind of a spiritual thing.
Being that I am a Florida gal, it’s actually a big deal for me to be such an avid hot cocoa lover, given the fact that I spend half of the year in notoriously hot and humid conditions. But as someone once told me, you make time for what’s important.
Strawberry Fields, Forever!
For those who do not know, I live in a lovely town, known as Plant City, Florida. Aside from the contributions that Henry B. Plant made towards our establishment as a historic railroad hub, we are also known for something else: Strawberries! Winter is the season that strawberries grow and thrive, and the region around Plant City and Central Florida has a pretty prevalent array of strawberry growers. More specifically, according to Fresh From Florida, if you are interested in purchasing these sweet berries, depending on climate conditions, strawberries typically grow from December until early April. According to the Florida Strawberry Growers Association, the sweet spot to enjoy these berries is typically from late January-early March, when the growing season begins to peak. But overall, when the temperature and soil conditions align, one can expect to enjoy some pretty sweet and juicy berries.
When Strawberries Meet Hot Chocolate
As you see, I just made a pretty vulnerable confession about my love for hot chocolate, and I also provided some 101 information about Florida’s strawberry season. But what do strawberries and hot chocolate have to do with each other? Well, everything.
You see, I have been trying to figure out a very creative way to enjoy my favorite beverage that incorporates my town’s beloved fruit. Hence, I am very proud to say that I concocted a pretty darn tasty and satisfying strawberry hot chocolate recipe. Forgot the processed strawberry syrup from your grocery store. This recipe contains real strawberries, and white chocolate, which beautifully compliments the berries.
If you’re based out of the Central Florida region and looking for some tasty berries to purchase, I definitely recommend shopping for a flat (or two!) of Strawberries. They can be found at and around the premises of the Florida Strawberry Festival. You will definitely get a good bang for your buck. If you live in the Plant City area, and are looking for some quality white chocolate, definitely hit up my friends over at The Corner Store. They sell quality European white chocolate buttons, by the pound!
Did I mention how delicious this recipe is?!? If I didn’t mention it, I will assure you that it is!
Even though this recipe will take about 20 minutes to make, I assure you that it’s a pretty simple one. This will be well worth every precious second of your life. Trust me.
Let’s move onto the recipe, shall we??
Strawberry Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups strawberries
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any other milk of choice!)
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- De-stemand coarsely chop the strawberries. Set aside.
- In a medium-large sauce pan, heat to medium. Gradually add in water, vanillaextract, brown sugar, and strawberries. Take a masher and gradually stir andmash every couple of minutes for about 10-15 minutes, or until the strawberrieshave disintegrated and the sauce reduces into more of a syrup consistency. Then sieve out excess strawberry puplp with a fine straine or cheesecloth (optional).
- Continue to use the same pot at medium heat with the strawberry syrup, and graduallystir in the milk. Afterwards, gradually add in the white chocolate chips andsalt. Stir for about 2-3 minutes, or until all of the white chocolate chipshave dissolved.
- Servewith diced strawberries, or whipped cream & enjoy!
Nutritional Information per serving:
367 calories/ 11 grams protein/ 16 grams fat/ 45.6 grams carbohydrates/ 1 gram of fiber