These savory turkey & blueberry croissants are so tasty, that this dish will surely be a hit during your next brunch meal. This is also a great way to introduce your kiddos into the kitchen, too!
When Savory Meets Sweet
Just because you may be staying at home, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a tasty brunch! In this video, I’m going to show you how to make an incredibly easy & delicious dish: Savory turkey & blueberry croissants! In the spirit of utilizing local seasonal ingredients, the blueberries for this particular recipe were sourced from Keel Farms, a local Plant City-based winery, blueberry & farming operation. These are so tasty, that this dish will surely be a hit during your next brunch meal. Even your mother-in-law may approve of these miniature bites! 😉
Drooling? Tag your favorite brunch buddy to this recipe post!
Savory Turkey and Blueberry Croissants
- 8 oz. Can of crescent roll dough sheets
- 1/2 cup Cream cheese reduced fat
- 8 Thin slices deli turkey
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out crescent roll dough from can onto large un-greased cookie sheet.
- Take the cream cheese and spread it evenly throughout the entirety of dough mixture.
- Slice dough into 8 even rectangular pieces, and then separate each slice about 1 inch a part. Then, place 1 turkey slice over each rectangle (fold each turkey slice in half for a better fit on each slice).
- Afterwards, layer 4-5 blueberries (1 spoonful) over each rectangle beginning at one end. Then, carefully at one end, begin to roll all ofthe ingredients into each pastry dough, until they resemble croissants.
- Next, take egg, scramble and lightly wash the egg batter over each pastry with a brush.
- After egg-washing, place the pastries on the oven at 375 Degrees F, and allow to bake for 12-13 minutes, or until each pastry is golden brown.
4 Servings (2 turkey & blueberry croissants)
Nutrition Information per serving: 350 Calories / 17g. Protein / 14g Fat / 39g Carbohydrates/ 1.9g Fiber /13 WW smart points (green plan)