This 100 mini rainbow pancake recipe is a fun & colorful way to sneak in some yummy fruits and veggies into some pretty adorable little cakes. Your kids will love these!
The Big 100
For those who don’t know, The Funky Spork has a cooking channel on YouTube. Recently, the channel hit the amazing milestone of gaining 100 subscribers!! As a way to celebrate this achievement, I wanted to come up with a very special celebratory recipe.
After brainstorming, I finally hit an ‘a-ha!’ moment: As many of you know, breakfast is one of my FAVORITE meals. I also love color. So why not combine the best of both worlds? The result was to cook 100 mini rainbow pancakes. I wanted to take this one step further by substituting traditional food dyes with natural fruit and vegetable purees. Creating purees not only result in naturally-derived colors, but also add in some additional nutrients into each of the pancakes. For my fellow parents and guardians looking for ways to satisfy your kids huger and nutrition,I think this is a dish you will enjoy.
As a way to celebrate my special 100-subscriber milestone, I will show YOU how to create 100 miniature RAINBOW pancake cereal using easy-to-make colorful homemade purees. Thanks for the inspiration, TikTok! ;D
P.S. I also wanted to take this moment to wish each and every single one of you a VERY happy Pride month! I know that so far, with everything going on right now, this month has been pretty rough. But I truly hope that this recipe can bring a little happiness into your life. <3
100 Mini Rainbow Pancakes
- Chopsticks (for pancake flipping)
- 4 medium bowls
- Food processor or blender
- 3 cups all-purpose flour divided into four ¾ cup servings
- 7 tsp. baking powder divided into four 1.75 tbsp. baking powder measurements
- 2 tsp. salt 4 portions of ½ tsp. each
- 2 tbsp. white sugar 4 portions of ½ tbsp. white sugar
Natural Food Coloring Ingredients
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 ½ cups milk 4 portions of 5 ounces of milk
- 6 tbsp. melted butter divided into 1.5 tbsp. per serving
- 2 eggs, beaten divided into ½ egg per batter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract divided into ¼ tsps. portions
- Preheat oven to the lowest temperature you have.While oven is preheating, mix all of your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) into large bowl.Then make sure to evenly divide that larger mixture and separate it into a total of four different bowls). Set aside.
- Preparing the purees: add the 5 ounces of blueberries, along with 5 ounces of milk, 1.5 tbsp. melted butter and ¼ of the beaten egg mixture, and the vanilla extract into your food processor. Blend until the puree turns into a smooth, rich consistency. Pour puree into a small cup and repeat this step for the rest of the produce (the raspberries,blackberries, and spinach).
- Gently stir in one puree mixture per bowl and mix until each of the respective batters takes on the color of each of the purees. You will have a raspberry batter, a blueberry batter, a blackberry batter, and a spinach batter (don’t worry, your kids won’t be able to detect the spinach flavor!)
- Heat a griddle to medium heat and lightly grease. With a tablespoon, take one barter, and drop teaspoon sizes of pancake mixture into your skillet and gently flip over with a small spatula (or chopsticks!) once each mini pancake begins to bubble. Quickly remove from heat once finished. Each batter should make approximately 25 miniature pancakes.Repeat this step for each of the batters.
- Enjoy your baby pancakes in a cereal bowl and eat ‘em with a spoon! 😀
Nutrition information (per serving):
561 Calories/ 14g Protein/ 19g Fat/ 85g Carbohydrates/ 5.5g Fiber
Did you create this dish? What do ya think? Please let me know in the comments, below! 😀