These cauliflower tater tots are a delicious and super clever way to pack some veggies into a classic childhood snack.
One of my favorite all-time childhood appetizers were tater tots. I mean, I was introduced to these little cylindrical crisps in my childhood school cafeterias. As I’ve gotten older and am now more aware of my health, I am trying to become more intentional about eating healthier foods.
This cauliflower tater tot recipe is the perfect accompaniment to my mushroom & Swiss burger recipe (or really anything else you may want to eat these with!). If you don’t feel like easting these with anything else, they are perfectly good with a side of sriracha, ketchup, or solo! Whatever floats your boat is the name of this game.
Cauliflower for Picky People!
If you have picky eaters at home and have been trying to figure out how to incorporate more veggies into their plates, consider this recipe. The way we prepare our veggies is everything. Your kids (or spouse!) will want to have more of this dish. 🙂
You can either prepare these tots in an air fryer or oven. They will taste great, regardless of your cooking method. Not only are these tots also lower in carbs, but if you’re adhering to Weight Watchers (and are on the Green plan), one serving will be worth 3 WW smart points.
Alright, I’ve spoken enough. Let’s move onto the recipe, shall we?!?
Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Air fryer (optional)
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning (Parsley and Oregano)
- Coarsely chop the cauliflower into large, chunkypieces.
- Afterwards,allow the pieces to boil in rolling hot water for about 3-5 minutes, or untiltender to the touch. Immediately drain.
- Once the cauliflower finishes cooking, pulse inthe food processor until each of the pieces are roughly the size of grains ofrice (cauliflower rice). Afterwards, transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Combine all of the following into the large bowlof cauliflower rice: the egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oil, and Italianseasonings. Mix until everything is well combined.
- After mixing, take roughly the size of atablespoon of cauliflower rice mixture and form it into the shape of a tatertot and place the taters on a surface sizable enough to contain all of thepieces (about 30-35 tots!)
- Gently place enough tater tots in the basket and set on 375f for 20 minutes and flip halfway.
- Have preheated oven set at 400 degreesF. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Flip halfway. Enjoy!
166 calories per serving | 9.5g protein | 10.9g fat | 9g carbs | 3g fiber | 3 WW Smart Points (Green Plan)
Did you create this dish? What do ya think? Please let me know in the comments, below! 😀