I will show YOU how to prepare a healthier low(er) calorie Chicken Crunchwrap-supreme-inspired meal
My Guilty Pleasure is Crunchy
If there is one indulgent junk food-type of meal that I will always have a craving for, it is Taco Bell’s Crunchwrap supreme. I largely blame my crunchy Taco Bell cravings on my husband, who turned me onto this entrée.
While I do love a good Crunchwrap, the reality is that I have been doing my best to eat in a healthier manner. I have been on an ongoing effort to take one of my favorite junky delights and turn them into healthier versions of the original recipes. An original chicken Crunchwrap supreme from Taco Bell is 580 calories/ 17 ww points (on the green plan). My version is 297 calories/ 6 ww smart points per serving.
This Taco Bell dish is no exception. One of my secrets is swapping out the ground beef for lean ground chicken breast. I also opted for fat-free Greek Yogurt, rather than sour cream. Now, keep in mind that to create this recipe, I did stick with the following branded tortillas, as they had lower calory and point amounts. However, if you find another brand with comparable figures, go for that!
As I previously said, my take on this classic is healthier than the original. However, do not get that factor mistaken for a LAACK of flavor. Because my adaptation is DELICIOUS, FLAVORFUL, cheesy, and crunchy. I am hoping that this will become a staple for you and your family. I have spoken too much, so let us move onto the recipe now, shall we?!
A Healthier Low(er) Calorie Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme-INSPIRED Meal
- 1 pound lean ground chicken breast
- 7 whole La Banderita Carb Counter White tortillas
- 6 whole Mission Street Tacos corn tortillas
- 7.5 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp. nonfat Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 large onion diced (optional)
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1.5 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 can cooking spray
1 packageof low-sodium store-brought taco seasoning, or:
- ½ tsp. . red chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
Prepping the tostada shells:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. while the oven is pre-heating, lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Gently placeeach of the Mission street taco corn tortillas in a single lined row, andlightly salt and coat the top with cooking spray. Bake the tortillas for atotal of 6 minutes, and flip halfway. Immediately remove from oven to cool offand crisp, once finished baking (to avoid burning the tostadas).
- While the toastadas are baking, heat up askillet to medium-high, lightly coating with cooking spray. Add ground chicken,onion, taco seasoning, and 1/3 cup of water into mixture and cook the chickenfor about 10-15 minutes until, the water has evaporated, and the meat reachesan internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Make sure to stir frequently.
- While the chicken is cooking, take one LaBanderita tortilla and cut that into equal portions, Set aside.
Crunchy wrap assembly time! Be sure to assemblethe crunchy wraps in the following order:
- La Banderita tortilla
- Add about 1/3 cup of ground chicken mixture tocenter of tortilla
- Top the chicken with 2 tbsp. of shredded cheese
- Top the cheese with a tostada shell.
- Layer tostada shell with 1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp diced tomatoes and 1 tbsp.lettuce over the sour cream.
- Add the 1/6 piece of La Banderita tortilla pieceover the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp. cheese over the La Banderita tortilla slice.
- Gently fold all the sides of the large LaBanderita Tortilla over the wrap, until only the top of the La Banderita sliceis showing (see picture).
Grill the Crunchwrap in one of two ways:
- 1. Panini press (preferred method): Lightly coat apanini press with cooking spray, and toast for about 2-3 minutes, or until thewrap is a light golden brown on the outside.
- 2. Skillet: Lightly coat a skillet with cookingspray and GENTLY place your wrap folded side down. Allow each side to grill onmedium-high for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Enjoy your creation!!!
Nutrition Information (per wrap):
297 calories/ 24.75 grams protein/ 13.5 grams fat/ 33.7 grams carbohydrates/ 13.4 grams of fiber
6 Weight Watchers smart points (green plan)
Did you create this dish? What do ya think? Please let me know in the comments, below! 😀