This tasty sautéed bacon-parmesan Brussels sprouts & green beans recipe is so delicious that it will please even the pickiest of vegetable eaters!
Yesterday was just one of those days where I literally had no idea what to prepare for dinner. All I knew was that our meal would incorporate a plethora of veggies, since we stalked up on quite a bit of fresh produce in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. Since we are staying inside, why not eat as relatively healthy as possible?
After doing a little bit of brainstorming, I came up with a pretty darn tasty recipe that incorporates two of my veggies-and then some: Brussels sprouts, green beans…and bacon! In this recipe, I will show you how to whip up some very delicious sautéed bacon-parmesan Brussels sprouts & green beans. Even my very picky husband loved this dish! He is a very tough food critic, and gave this dish a high score (and wants this to become a regular serving).
This recipe is absolutely delicious. If you have an aversion to Brussels sprouts, my hope is that this dish will convert you to this baby cabbage variety. The bacon and brown sugar really compliment and enhance the flavor of these sprouts and greens. The parmesan takes all the sweet and salty elements of this dish, and kicks it up several notches by adding a dose of cheesy nuttiness and tang-a combination that works beautifully. I’ve said enough, so let’s go ahead and move onto the recipe, below!
Sautéed Bacon-Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Green Beans
- 1.5 cups raw Brussels sprouts
- 1.5 cups fresh green beans
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- Thoroughly rinse the Brussels sprouts and green beans. Be sure to trim off the stems of the green beans, and slice the Brussels sprouts in half, lengthwise. Set aside.
- Finely dice your bacon slices into ¼ inch cubes. Then, take a large skillet or wok, set to medium high. Once skillet has warmed, gradually add in your bacon pieces, and cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until all of the pieces have crisped up. Then carefully remove bacon bits and place them in a napkin-lined small bowl. Set aside.
- Gradually add in the Brussels sprouts halves and green beans into the bacon rind, and cover with a lid for the first three minutes (this allows the veggies to steam). Remove the lid and sauté the greens for a total of 7-10 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts begin to caramelize on the bottom, stirring frequently.
- Once the greens have finished cooking, gently stir in the brown sugar, sriracha, and parmesan cheese throughout the entire mixture. You can either serve the greens form a skillet or another dish, but be sure to sprinkle the bacon bits throughout the top. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information per serving
127 calories/ 5 grams protein/ 8.7 grams fat/ 8.5 grams carbohydrates/ 2.4 grams of fiber/ 4 WW Smart Points (green plan)