This chocolate avocado mousse is rich, creamy, and oh-so decadent!
I <3 Chocolate
I REALLY love sweets. Especially dark chocolate. It’s so velvety, yet not too sweet. The bitter and somewhat savory-nutty notes of this precious delicacy makes my taste buds smile. But you know what else I love? Avocados.
What do avocadoes and chocolate have to do with one another? Well, at first glance…nothing. Often times, Western culture associates avocadoes with savory dishes. But when you think about it, avocadoes are fruits, and fruits are commonly tied to desserts or sweeter delicacies. The smooth and silky texture of avocadoes lends perfectly to the rich flavors and subtleties of chocolate.
I wanted to find a dish that would lend well with chocolate, and believe it or not, avocado and chocolate go so incredibly well together. For this tutorial, I am going to show you how to create a very simple yet mouth-watering chocolate avocado mousse. Eating this felt like biting into a really creamy and buttery chocolate truffle-no joke! This recipe is vegan and minimally processed, as well. You won’t even be able to taste the avocado! Feel free to adjust the maple syrup or swap it out for another sweetener of your liking. Also, if you have kids, this is the perfect type of recipe to create with them!
Alright kiddos, let’s move into the recipe now, shall we?!?
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 food processor or blender
- 4 medium avocados ripened
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or any other sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Slice avocados in half & remove pits. Set aside.
- In your food processor, combine avocado meat,cocoa powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and salt. Blend for 30 second-1.5minutes, or until the mixture is creamy and well-combined.
- Chill in your favorite vessel for either atleast 3 hours in your fridge or for 30 minutes in your freezer.
- (Optional) Sprinkle your favorite toppings overthe mousse, such as shredded coconut, nuts, or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Nutrition information (per serving):
403 Calories | 5g Protein | 30g Fat | 37.7g Carbohydrates | 15.16 Fiber