Do you like salty crunchy snacks? Me too! I’m going to show YOU how to prepare delicious crispy green bean French fries in three unique flavors. Even your picky kiddos will love these!
I LOVE junk food…but most of all…I LOVE potato chips and French fries. Yes. I’m incredibly guilty. One of my weaknesses is a nice handful of salty crispy savory goodies that I can munch out throughout the day. Am I the only one who feels this way? I really hope not!
As much as I love my crispy snacks, I have to admit that they are not always the healthiest food options. Potato chips from the store are often loaded with sodium and preservatives. French fires at restaurants are delicious and sadly, often full of excess fat, on top of all their salt.
I wanted to create a delicious treat that would satisfy my never-ending craving for salty savory crunchiness. After doing some brainstorming, I thought about utilizing green beans in this creative way. Green beans are not only low in carbs, but they are inexpensive and are a rich source of Calcium Iron, Vitamin K, and Folate. Green beans are also significantly lower in carbs than potatoes (if you’re keeping track!).
Did I mention that Green beans are also versatile?
In case I have not mentioned this fact about green beans, I’m here to tell you that they are. For my latest recipe, I show you how to create really delicious crispy ‘French fries’ by swapping green beans for potatoes AND baking instead of deep frying them. As you see, this recipe has three different flavored seasonings, which include garlic parmesan, sesame sriracha and salt and pepper. You can bake the fries with all three of these marinades, focus on one of these, or do your own thing. It’s really up to you! These fries are also a fantastic treat to serve to your kiddos.
Alright my friends. If you’re ready to learn how to prepare these, I will be quiet and let you focus on this recipe!
Crispy Green Bean French Fries
- 4½ tsp. cooking oil
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley/oregano mix
- 1½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha
Salt and pepper
- 1½ tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven 300 Degrees F. While the oven is preheating, rinse and cut the woody stems off of the end of your green beans.Set aside.
- In three separate bowls, you will combine all of each of the respective marinade ingredients into each of the three bowls. You should have a bowl with the garlic Parmesan marinade, one with the sriracha sesame, and one with the salt and pepper mix.
- Split your green beans into three equal portions. Place each portion of green beans into each of the marinade mixes and gently combine until each of the green bean batches are generously coated with the marinades.
- Place all of the green beans in a single layer on 1-2 baking sheets. Afterwards, place beans in the center rack of the oven and allow to bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the green beans look like crispy French fries.
Nutrition information per servings:
107 Calories | 4.4 G Protein | 4.6G Fat | 5.1G Fiber